The Regional Innovation Networks (RINs) program is designed to accelerate technology and knowledge-based small and medium-sized enterprises by increasing connectivity and coordination in Alberta’s innovation ecosystem, contributing to entrepreneur and company development through programs and services, and strengthening the entrepreneurial culture.
The following are the co-developed Regional Innovation Networks Program principles:
- Technology and knowledge–based entrepreneur-centric
- Community based
- Interconnected-sharing and learning
- Collaborative governance
For more information see the RIN program guide under Additional RIN Resources.
Edmonton RIN (ERIN) members are committed to creating a community-based network of programs and services to achieve common RIN program goals.
ERIN STEERING COMMITTEE IS MADE UP OF THE FOLLOWING COMMUNITY MEMBERS:
Co-Chairs: Barbara McKenzie, Business Link and Zack Storms, Startup TnT
- Darrell Petras, TEC Edmonton
- Deborah James, University of Alberta
- Gail Powley, Technology Alberta
- Heather Pontikes, Valhalla Private Capital
- Marcela Mandeville, Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
- Mike Wade, Concordia University of Alberta
THE PURPOSE OF THE ERIN STEERING COMMITTEE
Provide an inclusive collaborative governance framework for the region to deliver a collaborative and coordinated network approach to our innovation ecosystem allowing for fair representation and funding support for stakeholders and clients in the region.
The first work that the committee has collectively committed to take on is the submission of a 2020 – 2022 Alberta Innovates grant application to fund necessary programs and initiatives identified and validated by Edmonton entrepreneurs as gaps in the current innovation ecosystem.
HIGH LEVEL GRANT PROJECT PLAN
- Identify ecosystem gaps and methods of addressing and validate with the community (by December 13)
- Identify potential programs/initiatives and qualified service providers (by December 20)
- Draft grant application, pathways to impact, budget and measures (by January 10)
- Submit grant application to Alberta Innovates (by January 24)